Riptape Classic vs Riptape Slim n Catchy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Naviture
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : NALA+ Ramps
Setup : BW X-wide LOW + BRT 32s + Winkler Wheels Classics

PostSubject: Riptape Classic vs Riptape Slim n Catchy   Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:45 pm

I've only used the classic ones so I was kind of curious how the Riptape Catchy is compared to it. Anyone have any opinions on it? Like pros and cons compared to each other and would you prefer some other type of tape besides Rip.
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Riptape Classic vs Riptape Slim n Catchy   Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:56 am

Slim and catchy: PROS - Very grippy, breaks in quick.
CONS: Shrinks overtime, can sometimes become too grippy.

Original rip: PROS - Can't really find any. I never liked it. I guess it becomes kinda grippy after a while. I know some people who swear by it but I've never owned a sheet that broke in well.
CONS: Takes forever to break in, and even when it is broken in it is still not as grippy as slim and catchy.

I personally love FBS, but I am also a big fan of S&C. There are lots of other good tapes out there. Even china tape isn't terrible, and you can buy a lot for cheap. Hope that about covers it.

Back to top Go down
Naviture
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Riptape Classic vs Riptape Slim n Catchy   Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:51 am

@WantSomeSlaw wrote:
Slim and catchy: PROS - Very grippy, breaks in quick.
CONS: Shrinks overtime, can sometimes become too grippy.

Original rip: PROS - Can't really find any. I never liked it. I guess it becomes kinda grippy after a while. I know some people who swear by it but I've never owned a sheet that broke in well.
CONS: Takes forever to break in, and even when it is broken in it is still not as grippy as slim and catchy.

I personally love FBS, but I am also a big fan of S&C. There are lots of other good tapes out there. Even china tape isn't terrible, and you can buy a lot for cheap. Hope that about covers it.

I actually thought Rip classic was pretty good and so far the most durable compared to the china tapes I've been using at first. To me it's more in the mid range in terms of grippyness, I tried out 4cfb tape and that was too grippy for me. I'll have to try out FBS then soon and not really sure what S&C is haha

Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: Riptape Classic vs Riptape Slim n Catchy   Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:37 pm

S&C is slim and catchy. FBS is the way to go

@JRizzle wrote:
Jheeze I think I would have creamed my pants if that stuff was out when I was like 12/13!

@Jaymes wrote:
I don't want none of that homemade hack job with welds that look like a monkey did it
Back to top Go down
Naviture
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Riptape Classic vs Riptape Slim n Catchy   Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:53 pm

@meekin wrote:
S&C is slim and catchy. FBS is the way to go

im feeling really stupid right now for not seeing that haha I'll definitely get a pack of fbs soon

Riptape Classic vs Riptape Slim n Catchy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fingerboard HQ :: Fingerboarding Discussion :: Fingerboarding Discussion & News-