HomePortalRules + New Members FAQRegisterLog in

Share | .
 

 Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Estevan Rivera
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
avatar

Posts : 211
Join date : 2015-01-18
Age : 27
Location : Port Richey, FL
Companies : NPR Crete
Setup : Homewood Mid Shape
BRT 32mm
Joycult Wheels
Level Up "Beta Bushings"
FBS Tape

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:28 pm

The lock nuts SteepHill uses hold really nice but they don't work with td/brr tools

_________________
www.nprcrete.bigcartel.com
Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/estevan
Instagram: @simplejak19 / @nprcrete
Back to top Go down
KathaFBS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2015-11-28
Age : 27
Location : Germany
Companies : Fingerboardstore
Setup : Piratenholz 32mm
BRT's Wide
Oak Wheels
FBS extra smooth

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:32 am

Would anyone be interested if a pack of 6 lock nuts would be 8-8,50€?
Or isn't it not much of a difference compared to the BR lock nuts for you guys?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fingerboardstore.de
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
avatar

Posts : 1513
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 22
Location : SC

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:15 pm

i need some for my tech deck trucks, thats a fact

_________________
@HSK wrote:
Whats ffi lol ?

@JRizzle wrote:
Jheeze I think I would have creamed my pants if that stuff was out when I was like 12/13!

@Jaymes wrote:
I don't want none of that homemade hack job with welds that look like a monkey did it
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1645
Join date : 2012-10-09
Age : 37
Location : Rehab
Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:34 pm

@KathaFBS
I think what most people would be willing to spend is more like €5 for a set..

_________________
Back to top Go down
KathaFBS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2015-11-28
Age : 27
Location : Germany
Companies : Fingerboardstore
Setup : Piratenholz 32mm
BRT's Wide
Oak Wheels
FBS extra smooth

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:57 am

@Bakko wrote:
@KathaFBS
I think what most people would be willing to spend is more like €5 for a set..

Yeah I know but less than 1€ per locknut isn't impossible for me because I also need to pay a bunch of taxes as a business owner. I have the possibility to get some good lock nuts for a lower price on FBS.

What price would you guys consider reasonable for a pack of 6 lock nuts? - Considering that you support a fingerboard company.
(I have just noticed that this topic was about someone who wanted to place a bulk order privately)
Back to top Go down
http://www.fingerboardstore.de
Bakko
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1645
Join date : 2012-10-09
Age : 37
Location : Rehab
Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:45 pm


@KathaFBS wrote:
@Bakko wrote:
@KathaFBS
I think what most people would be willing to spend is more like €5 for a set..

Yeah I know but less than 1€ per locknut isn't impossible for me because I also need to pay a bunch of taxes as a business owner. I have the possibility to get some good lock nuts for a lower price on FBS.

What price would you guys consider reasonable for a pack of 6 lock nuts? - Considering that you support a fingerboard company.
(I have just noticed that this topic was about someone who wanted to place a bulk order privately)

@KathaFBS
Thats what I meant though. That I am pretty sure most people would like to pay like €5 for a set of 6 lock nuts.

I am well aware that this, in a business owner aspect, is close to impossible for under €1 a piece. Keep in mind that most people hardly give a fart about supporting fingerboard companies, or even remotely grasp the cost and time investment of running a legit business or margins for profit to keep going. They just want dirt cheap products sadly..



_________________
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
avatar

Posts : 1513
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 22
Location : SC

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:05 pm

@KathaFBS i would pay around 5$ for them. It would be awesome if they were less than 10$ shipped, not sure if that is possible but that would be nice!

_________________
@HSK wrote:
Whats ffi lol ?

@JRizzle wrote:
Jheeze I think I would have creamed my pants if that stuff was out when I was like 12/13!

@Jaymes wrote:
I don't want none of that homemade hack job with welds that look like a monkey did it
Back to top Go down
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
avatar

Posts : 88
Join date : 2015-12-09
Age : 29
Location : Indiana
Setup : Homewood 33mm High Mold, Wide BRTs, Oak RV2, Teak Tuning - CaliFingers 33mm, YTrucks, YWheels


PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:23 pm

@KathaFBS I totally want to support fingerboarding companies and my original intent was to get them in bulk and send them out to people here and my friends. $5 for 6 is totally reasonable right now. With a couple dollars shipping of course. $10 for 4 that Blackriver is selling is a bit high. I'm glad you are here to hear me out!

My original idea was that these, with most fasteners, would be super cheap to get. Through my research and a billion quotes I'm finding out this is incorrect. The cheapest I could get for a single nut is $.77.

Let us know if you are currently selling these and at what cost. I ordered some from Microfasters so I am going to see how those work out.

Thanks again!

_________________
Fingerboarding Since 1999
Instagram - NewcFB
Back to top Go down
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
avatar

Posts : 88
Join date : 2015-12-09
Age : 29
Location : Indiana
Setup : Homewood 33mm High Mold, Wide BRTs, Oak RV2, Teak Tuning - CaliFingers 33mm, YTrucks, YWheels


PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:59 pm

@jimydave continental does not sell them in that size - I requested a quote lol

Steephill has the best deal right now - and it includes a tool. If these microfasteners work out I may still order the steephill just so I have a nutdriver.

_________________
Fingerboarding Since 1999
Instagram - NewcFB
Back to top Go down
KathaFBS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2015-11-28
Age : 27
Location : Germany
Companies : Fingerboardstore
Setup : Piratenholz 32mm
BRT's Wide
Oak Wheels
FBS extra smooth

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:05 am

@Bakko wrote:

@KathaFBS
Thats what I meant though. That I am pretty sure most people would like to pay like €5 for a set of 6 lock nuts.

I am well aware that this, in a business owner aspect, is close to impossible for under €1 a piece. Keep in mind that most people hardly give a fart about supporting fingerboard companies, or even remotely grasp the cost and time investment of running a legit business or margins for profit to keep going. They just want dirt cheap products sadly..

@Bakko
Yeah, that's the sad truth for most people I guess.

@InstaFinga
I should have the lock nuts in like 2 weeks. I have planed to order them for a long time already because I'm one of those people that drop their lock nut and never ever find it again. So I know it sucks to loose a $2 lock nut.

They will definitively be cheaper than $10 for 6 lock nuts.
I think it might be possible to make a discount if one wants to get more than 1 pack of lock nuts - similar to the discount with the FBS Tape.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fingerboardstore.de
jacobdonut
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
avatar

Posts : 615
Join date : 2013-10-28
Age : 19
Location : KRK
Companies : JWPGFX
Setup : Skowood 33.5mm
Ytrucks x4's
Oak RV2's
Dislocation Bushings
Grand Tape

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:01 pm

I would use locknuts, but my wheels are to tiny to fit ytrucks tool. hmm

_________________


www.be.net/jwpgfx
Back to top Go down
http://be.net/jwpgfx
Danny H
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 10426
Join date : 2009-07-13
Age : 21
Location : Leeds
Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:11 pm

@KathaFBS wrote:
@Bakko wrote:

@KathaFBS
Thats what I meant though. That I am pretty sure most people would like to pay like €5 for a set of 6 lock nuts.

I am well aware that this, in a business owner aspect, is close to impossible for under €1 a piece. Keep in mind that most people hardly give a fart about supporting fingerboard companies, or even remotely grasp the cost and time investment of running a legit business or margins for profit to keep going. They just want dirt cheap products sadly..

@Bakko
Yeah, that's the sad truth for most people I guess.

@InstaFinga
I should have the lock nuts in like 2 weeks. I have planed to order them for a long time already because I'm one of those people that drop their lock nut and never ever find it again. So I know it sucks to loose a $2 lock nut.

They will definitively be cheaper than $10 for 6 lock nuts.
I think it might be possible to make a discount if one wants to get more than 1 pack of lock nuts - similar to the discount with the FBS Tape.

I'd happily pay less than $10 for a set of lock nuts- It's a small price to pay compared to losing a wheel or two!

_________________
BlosomCartwheelsUniteNorwood

Back to top Go down
http://www.pornhub.com
Concept
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
avatar

Posts : 341
Join date : 2014-01-04
Age : 33
Setup : Weca Pineapple
TDLB
White Oak Mini's
White beta bushings
Creamy Goo

***

Brutal 'Bomb Shape'
Rasta Ytrucks
White Oaks
Red beta bushings
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:26 pm

@jacobdonut you can use a tech deck tool or whatever to put on locknuts, you don't need a ykey. I just put some on the other day!

I would like to add to the discussion above that 6 is a far better number for a pack (regardless of the final price) as it's much preferable to have 2 spare for the inevitable lost locknut, than the exact right amount for one setup.

Alternately, you could sell them individually with a minimum amount (say 2) and deals on larger multiples.
Back to top Go down
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
avatar

Posts : 88
Join date : 2015-12-09
Age : 29
Location : Indiana
Setup : Homewood 33mm High Mold, Wide BRTs, Oak RV2, Teak Tuning - CaliFingers 33mm, YTrucks, YWheels


PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:47 pm

I got the nuts today from Microfastenters. They fit and are the correct size - however aren't the best for TDLB Trucks. The kingpin nuts ends up sticking out too far. I have only had them on my wheels for an hour or so and they haven't fell off, but; it's too early to tell how well they do on TDLB trucks with Oak wheels.  The nuts are slightly larger than the normal nuts, so I may need a YTool or Steephill set with tool included. I got them tight enough with a normal fingerboard/techdeck tool but I would rather have the correct size to avoid any stripping.

@Concept I think it is much better to have 6 too! 4 wheels & 2 kingpins per deck.

@KathaFBS does your tool fit all nuts or is it slightly bigger for your locknuts?


http://imgur.com/a/GRsJz

_________________
Fingerboarding Since 1999
Instagram - NewcFB
Back to top Go down
KathaFBS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2015-11-28
Age : 27
Location : Germany
Companies : Fingerboardstore
Setup : Piratenholz 32mm
BRT's Wide
Oak Wheels
FBS extra smooth

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:16 pm

@InstaFinga
The locknuts I will get fit all standard sized tools like Blackriver, Tech Deck and others. There is no need for a special sized tool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fingerboardstore.de
kyle ashley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
avatar

Posts : 2002
Join date : 2012-03-15
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:20 pm

just put teflon tape or glue drop in a re td nut insta locknuts
Back to top Go down
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
avatar

Posts : 88
Join date : 2015-12-09
Age : 29
Location : Indiana
Setup : Homewood 33mm High Mold, Wide BRTs, Oak RV2, Teak Tuning - CaliFingers 33mm, YTrucks, YWheels


PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:37 pm

@kyle ashley wrote:
just put teflon tape or glue drop in a re td nut    insta locknuts

It gets old to use teflon tape or glue every time - especially if you are changing bushings and wheels more than once a week. I used to use Loctite but I haven't had one of these lock nuts fall off (yet) and the kingpin can be slightly looser without me being scared that my nut will fall off and I'll lose a bushing or washer.

_________________
Fingerboarding Since 1999
Instagram - NewcFB
Back to top Go down
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
avatar

Posts : 88
Join date : 2015-12-09
Age : 29
Location : Indiana
Setup : Homewood 33mm High Mold, Wide BRTs, Oak RV2, Teak Tuning - CaliFingers 33mm, YTrucks, YWheels


PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:38 pm

Update Again! The locknuts from Microfasteners work great on all types of trucks. So far I have used them for a week or more on YTrucks, BlackRiver Trucks, and TDLB trucks. They fit all kingpins/wheels and I haven't had a single issue yet. I did have a nut fall of my TDLB trucks a few days ago, however with Oak Wheels and spacers I had to leave the nuts pretty loose so it was most likely due to that. Now since I have only been using BRTs and YTrucks I haven't had any issues. The nuts are slightly bigger then other nuts so if you use chinese fingerboard tools it will work, but just barely. I haven't had one fall of my BRTs or YTrucks.

I still recommend the set from SteepHill has it includes the tool and is a pretty good price at $8. However if you want 12 for around $13 then Microfasteners works great.

_________________
Fingerboarding Since 1999
Instagram - NewcFB
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1645
Join date : 2012-10-09
Age : 37
Location : Rehab
Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:09 am

Good info! Props for doing this and giving the microfasteners type a go man cheers

_________________
Back to top Go down
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
avatar

Posts : 88
Join date : 2015-12-09
Age : 29
Location : Indiana
Setup : Homewood 33mm High Mold, Wide BRTs, Oak RV2, Teak Tuning - CaliFingers 33mm, YTrucks, YWheels


PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:16 pm

@Bakko Thank you! There isn't a lot of information out on any lock nuts for fingerboards so may as well put out as much information as I can.

Below is a link to all the current lock nuts I have. From smallest to largest are Yellowood, Black River, and Microfasteners. As you can see the Yellowood are the smallest and require the Yellowood tool. A normal tool will sort-of work but it will round the nut so I advise using the Yellowood brand. The middle is the Black River and a normal Chinese tool will work. I got a few of these nuts when I purchased some BRTs off of someone on Instagram so I'm not sure what year they are. To be honest the Black River nuts are the lower quality nuts that I have currently. Then the biggest is the Microfasteners. Hopefully this clears up some sizing and quality issues.

http://imgur.com/D40yqda


_________________
Fingerboarding Since 1999
Instagram - NewcFB
Back to top Go down
 

Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fingerboard HQ :: Fingerboarding Discussion :: Fingerboarding Discussion & News-